Friday, February 14, 2014

A Playlist for the Lonely Heart

Happy Valentine's Day, my friends.

I know for some people this day is amazingly happy. For some, amazingly depressing. And for others, it's just another day. Honestly my experiences usually go back and forth between the last two, usually hovering around depressed and sad. But not this Valentine's.

This Valentine's Day, I have the pleasure of loving really liking someone. Sure, I'm not actually with this person and don't really see that happening any time soon, if ever. And, sure, I'm a little sad that I am not actually spending this special day with him, but just having his presence in my life makes me feel....something.

All that said, however, I do feel a touch melancholy. Unable to express these longing feelings can get a gal down after awhile! So I have decided to express these feelings here, a medium for all the things I just can't bring myself to say aloud.

Just like my last post, I am going to use music to express these feelings. I have this playlist of songs that make me think of this person and our non-relationship. I am going to go through this play list, song by song. In each song I want to write my favorite line or two, whichever part of the song that really speaks to me.

I hope any other lonely hearts or longing hearts out there read this and know that you are not alone in the pain you feel and the hope that guides you.

Playlist for the Lonely/Longing Hearts Club

                        1)      Colbie Caillat "Hold On"
Just look at me, look at me, I've been burning for you so long

2)      Taylor Swift “Teardrops on My Guitar”
The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do.

3)      Bryan Adams “Please Forgive Me”
Please forgive me ‒ I know not what I do.
Please forgive me ‒ I can't stop lovin' you
Don't deny me, this pain I'm going through...
Please forgive me if I need you like I do.

4)      Samantha Barks “On My Own”
And I know it's only in my mind
That I'm talking to myself and not to him
And although I know that he is blind
Still I say, there's a way for us

5)      Rascal Flatts “What Hurts the Most”
What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say (much to say)
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do, oh.

6)      Britney Spears/Glee “Everytime”
And everytime I see you in my dreams
I see your face, it's haunting me
I guess I need you baby

7)      Taylor Swift “You Belong With Me”
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

8)      Taylor Swift “Invisible” (This like entire song says it!)
And you just see right through me.
If you only knew me
We could be a beautiful
Miracle,
Unbelievable
Instead of just invisible.

9)      Adele “Make You Feel My Love” (This one too!)
I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
But I would never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
No doubt in my mind where you belong.

10)  Trading Yesterday “Love Song Requiem”
I die each time you look away
My heart, my life, will never be the same
This love will take my everything
One breath, one touch, will be the end of me

11)  Sara Bareilles “Gravity”
You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much
Than to drown in your love and not feel your rain.

12)  David Archuleta “Crush”
Do you ever think
When you're all alone
All that we could be?
Where this thing could go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?

13)  Taylor Swift “Fearless”
But you're just so cool
Run your hands through your hair
Absent mindedly makin' me want you

14)  Adele “One and Only”
So I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me a chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts

15)  Richard Marx “Right Here Waiting”
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

16)  Enya “Only Time”
Who can say when the roads meet
That love might be in your heart

17)  Christina Perri “Human”
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human

18)  Ellie Goulding “How Long Will I Love You?”
How long will I want you?
As long as you want me to
And longer by far.

19)  Adele “Hiding My Heart”
I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You'll disappear one day
So I'll spend my whole life hiding my heart away

20)  Taylor Swift “Untouchable”
Untouchable like a distant diamond sky, Mmmm
I'm reaching out and I just can't tell you why
I'm caught up in you, I'm caught up in you

21)  Miley Cyrus “When I Look at You”
You appear just like a dream to me
Just like kaleidoscope colors that cover me
All I need, every breath that I breathe
Don't you know, you're beautiful

22)  The Script “Nothing” (Of course change her to his ^_* )
So I, dialled her number and confessed to her
I'm still in love but all I heard was nothing

23)  Hey Monday “Candles”
Lost sight
Couldn't see
When it was you and me

24)  Paramore “The Only Exception”
And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance.
And up until now I have sworn to myself
That I'm content with loneliness.
Because none of it was ever worth the risk.
Well you are the only exception.

25)  Glee (Lea Michele) “Get it Right”
So I throw up my fist, throw a punch in the air,
And accept the truth that sometimes life isn’t fair!
Yeah, I’ll send out a wish, yeah, I’ll send up a prayer
And finally someone will see how much I care

26)  A Great Big World w/ Christian Aguilera “Say Something” 
(Especially on my hopeless days)
Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one, if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

27)  Whitney Houston/Glee “How Will I Know”
How will I know if he's thinking of me
I try to phone but I'm too shy (can't speak)
Falling in love is all bitter sweet

28)  Adele “Someone Like You” (my nightmare sometimes)
I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.

29)  Adele “Chasing Pavements”
Or should I give up
Or should I just keep chasin' pavements
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste
Even if I knew my place
Should I leave it there

30)  Fleetwood Mac/Glee “Landslide”
I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I, I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too

31)  Landon Pigg “Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop”
I think that possibly, maybe I'm falling for you
Yes there's a chance that I've fallen quite hard over you.
I've seen the waters that make your eyes shine
Now I'm shining too

32)  Avril Lavigne “Innocence”
I found a place so safe, not a single tear
The first time in my life and now it's so clear
Feel calm, I belong, I'm so happy here
It's so strong and now I let myself be sincere
I wouldn't change a thing about it
This is the best feeling

No comments: